In this part of chapter 30, I am amazed at the arrogance of the people that turn their backs on God and how they do not want to hear God's truth. They just want to hear nice things. Things that make them feel good. It was good to be reminded back to the beginning of Isaiah that we learned that these people will listen but not perceive, they will look, but not understand. Their ears were dull and their eyes dim.
Sounds like times like now. People want to hear things that sound nice, not the harsh truths of God's judgment. May we be a remnant of people that desire to hear the whole truth of God. Even when the truth hurts.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I noticed that how they were called rebelious peope, who refused to listen to the instruction of the Lord...over and over again they said "let us hear no more" of the Lord and "rejected this Word" of God...
I want a heart that listens!!! With a receiving heart to what God says!!
Post a Comment