Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 49

One note from this lesson that I really appreciated was the truth that God is the one who establishes the peace and performs our works. We can not be righteous with out God working in us as our righteousness.

One of the names of God that I have learned this past year is Jehovah-Tsidkenu -- The Lord our Righteousness. We are righteous, because God is working in us and He is our righteousness. This name of God keeps coming to mind as I mark righteousness in this study in Isaiah. Only through Jesus can we be made the righteous one. Only through Jesus.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

Again, reminded that the earth will be punished for their sins.

God gives us peace.
Looking forward too, to the everlasting peace God will bring on the earth after all teh judgement is over.