Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 47

This lesson was such a blessing to me. For some reason the questions and the verses that were in this lesson were just what I needed to remind me of the truths of God. (Not the lesson from Kay, but the "homework" part of the lesson).

The truths that I wrote down about what I learned about God were...

  • God sets up walls
  • God gives peace
  • We can trust in God forever
  • God is our everlasting ROCK
  • God humbles people
  • God makes the path of the RIGHTEOUS level
  • God judges
  • God's name should be the desire of our souls
  • We should seek God diligently
The verse in Deut. 32:4 was fantastic. The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just. A God of faithfulness without injustice. Righteous and upright is He. What wonderful truths to cling to in that verse. Things to ponder on, things to focus on. Such great truth.

The notes on pride that I noted were that God will not tolerate pride, because it is independence from God. I had marked pride in Is. 26:5 just like Kay mentioned. I really liked that description of pride.

From Is. 26:7...I found such comfort in the idea that God will make the path of the righteous smooth. Not that I am looking for a perfect path, but knowing that God will make it level for me. Again, trusting that God is making a level place for me to walk.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

Again, such wonderful verses. So encouraging!! Go IS our everlasting Rock. HE will make the way for the righteous smooth. I want to Crave God and Him alone!!