Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 56

My kids are sick so I am able to do several lessons a day as I am sitting here with them while they recover from their weakness.

I really never thought that I would get so much out of this book of Isaiah. It is just amazing me that as we are studying these Woe's there are fantastic timeless truths that are hidden in these chapters. Don't you just love the verse in 30:18??? The Lord longs to be gracious to you. He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the Lord is a God of justice. How blessed are all of those who long for Him.

We are to pour over God's word and wait and long for Him. Then will God will be gracious to us and then He will have compassion on us. To walk independently from God is to to walk in sin. In this chapter we see what happens when Israel walks independently from God. Here is an opportunity to learn from the wrong choices of others.

The woe in 30:1 is such a serious warning. The warning of executing a plan that is not the Lord's. I have been convicted of doing this. Of forging ahead with a plan when it might not have been God's plan.

Just loving this study. Loving these truths. So thankful that God led me to this study.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

This is a wonderful verse, That God longs-waits to be gracious-compassionate and bless us!! But our part is to wait-long for Him. I too don't want my plans, but God's. I want to commit and submit my way to the Lord. I don't want to be a rebellious child making my own plans.