Saturday, December 6, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 37

Again the main point is that God has a purpose and a plan and we can trust Him. It is important to look beyond the difficult life and look to God and know Him more intimately. More deeply. Isaiah 19:12 ...let them understand what the Lord of hosts has purposed....

I can take such comfort in knowing that God is in control of everything and He is trustworthy. As I look at my life and the difficult circumstances that we are in right now, I can trust Him and rest in knowing that He knows what is best. I can also take comfort in knowing that the end result is for me to be in that deep and close relationship with Him, no matter what the cost. I love that I am there in my life. I surrender it all to Him.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

Yes, so great to have the peace and assurance that God is in control and we can give it all up to Him, surrender to Him.

Also, liked the verses in Is. 19:19-25...it could be a whole sermon. Showing Egypts sin, judgement but then repentance and blessing from and reliance on God.

Kay asked as one of the study questions, "What is God using in your life to draw you closer to Him?" I answered, economic hardships, unmet desires, uncertainties and family struggles. A great reminder that God uses those things to draw us to Himself.