This lesson had some great history about Moab and some history of WW I and history of Jerusalem. Though the history is interesting and important to know, I take to heart the challenge. The importance to make sure to resist pride. How pride is the downfall of man. How important it is to be humbled. How pride can be the deadliest of sins. Believing a lie from Satan and letting that pride creep in and that Independence from God.
Instead, I desire to give God the place in my He deserves. Humbling myself before the God most high and understanding God's righteous heart.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with you Cris, independence from God IS pride. Pride seems to be a continued theme in this book of Isaiah...pride brings God's judgment. In Is. 16:6 it mentions "idol boasts" along with "pride" and "arrogance".
This lesson seemed like a History class and was really interesting, although hard to take it all in. Maybe I will try to listen to it again, taking notes.
Another good thing I realized is that God is sad and weeps because of having to judge. This is something that really helps me understand God's heart and reconciling His love and judgment and how they go together.
Post a Comment