This lesson really was a great reminder that God is in control of everything, even calamities. Is. 45 reminds us of this.
6That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun
That there is no one besides Me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other,
7The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing well-being and creating calamity;
I am the LORD who does all these.
God has reasons and purposes for everything. I can take comfort in this truth about God. He is trust worthy. Faithful. All of my circumstances can be the thing that draws me to God. What every it takes to bring me to my knees to honor God.
I also loved the verses in Amos 3
...If a calamity occurs in a city has not the LORD done it?
7Surely the Lord GOD does nothing
Unless He reveals His secret counsel
To His servants the prophets.
This is the draw for me to know His word and understand the message. This is so important for us to understand why God gives us the Bible.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great reminder that God is in control and working things out for His purposes. How could I live another day without knowing (and clinging to) that.
I also thought it was SO interesting about Isaiah being asked by God to do something so strange (and let's face it, totally inapporpriate in the eyes of most on-lookers I assume)...waling around naked for 3 years...God just reminded me through that, that His ways are NOT my ways, or what LOOKS good to others...
Post a Comment