Friday, January 2, 2009

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 58

God is waiting to be gracious to me...and He is waiting to have compassion on me. For God is a God of justice. He is waiting for me to wait on Him.

That truth is so full of comfort and full of God's blessing. Oh how I long to just wait on Him. Resting and full of repentance. (Isaiah 30:15 and 18). How wonderful to find these truths in His word. How grateful I am to have been invested in this study and find these truths. I am praying that I don't respond in spite or anger or with a lack of faith (vs. 15b). This passage brings God's fatherly-ness. Like a parent waiting for a stubborn child to try and figure it out the hard way. I want to be blessed...so therefore I must wait on the Lord.

In order to wait on God, I have to know God. Know His ways. Studying God's word. Disciplined in the daily walk with my Maker. I also need to understand that there is a future and a hope. That future and hope is for those that wait on God. The waiting is worth it.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

Yahooo!! Working hard to get caught up. It is good to be disciplined to be in God's word and to make studying it a priority in my life!!
What wonderful verses of comfort!! The theme the last few lessons has been so good personally for me. As we WAIT on God to answer and provide for our support to return to Japan. God has spoken comfort and assurance to my heart through these great verses in Isaiah.