Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 52

As we move into this new section of Isaiah, this lesson was a great overview of what we have studied so far. As I answered the questions it was so great to recap all what we have learned. I found it helpful to go back over the different segments of Isaiah and make bullet points of the themes of the different segments.

  • Segment One (chapters 1-12) -God talking to the southern kingdom (Judah) - God's faithful people who go into exile for their lack of knowledge. Important verse says that "if you do not believe you will surely die."
  • Segment Two - (chapters 13-23) God of the Nations - Oracles against the surrounding nations. Babylon, Philistia, Moab, Demascus, Egypt, Wilderness of the Sea, Edom, Arabia, Valley of Vision (Judah), Tyre. "What God has planned, so it will come to pass".
  • Segment Three - (chapter 24-27) - God of the Earth - Judgment on Earth - the earth is polluted by the inhabitants, broken covenant, scattered inhabitants, earth laid waste, devastates it. "the steadfast of mind, you will keep in perfect peace, because you put your trust in God."
  • Segment Four - (chapter 28-33) God talks to Judah and Jerusalem- Woes to those who will not trust in the Lord - "God, the holy One of Israel, in repentance and rest you will be saved, in quietness and trust is your strength".
God is the potter, and I am the clay in the Potter's hand. Oh how I have loved this study. The Word of God has come alive to me as I dig deep into His word.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

This was the BEST study. I was writting the whole time that Kay was talking. It was a super overview and helped put things in perspective. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT.

I also liked the key-devotional verses that Kay picked out of each section. The timeless truth-principle that you can take with you.