I somehow deleted this lesson from my DVR and had to watch it online before I could write my notes here on the post. I think it is so neat that you can download these and do these lessons all for free. When ever I have watched my lesson online, I start buffering it before I do my "homework". That seems to work pretty well.
This particular lesson got me thinking about those people that I have prayed for for years to come to a right relationship with God. The verses in John about people living in the dark and not wanting the light to expose their deeds really made me think. I think most people like to live in the "ignorance is bliss" stage of life. The less you know, the less you are responsible for.
Again, a great reminder that God is in charge of all circumstances of my life. It rests on His shoulders and He is the Wonderful Counselor, the Mighty God, the Eternal Father, and the Prince of Peace. Those are more than just Christmas verses. Living in the knowledge of the truth.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have loved putting these Bible talks on my i-pod and listening to them after I do my lesson as I clean up in the kitchen or do laundry.
I loved the reference verses to Jesus being the Light. Especially those in John 1:4,5 "In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkenss, but the darkness has not understood it."
Opps. I just redid Bible Study #22 (totally spacy). Since I hadn't done it in almost 2 weeks, I forgot where I was. I was STILL really blessed by getting into Isaiah again and challenged from God's word. I was struck THIS time, with the passages in Is. 9:2,3 and John 3:19 how the world loves darkness, because their deeds were evil, intead of Jesus, the light. So true.
Post a Comment