Can you believe we are already in chapter 5? I have learned so much about God and His reasons for judgment. I am challenged to take these "woes" to heart. The one in 5:8 was personally convicting. That push to have a bigger home to store all of my unneeded stuff. Just think of all those big houses that are now vacant and empty and hard to sell before the possible doom of forclosure.
It sure seems that our society now makes it a regular habit to call evil good and good evil. TV, movies, music, videos, tabloids, internet...can all twist and change our perspective on right and wrong.
I appreciated the charge at the beginning of the lesson for the local church and pastor. Again, a reminder and a challenge to really be in God's word. I was even thinking of other Bible Studies/home groups that I have been part of that had the main focus to have a good time. As there is a need to have a good time in any fellowship group, I find this kind of a study uniquely refreshing.
I jotted down on my worksheets the quick reminder that the well beloved = God, the vineyard = Jerusalem, and the plant = Judah.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea!!! I am almost caught up. I appreciated the challenge from God's word about calling evil good. Like you said Cris, I see that in tv and movies all the time. I need to be careful to call it what it is, sin! and choose not to watch it!!
Post a Comment