I really appreciated how the verse (4:5) that talks about God's presence in the cloud and fire is more understandable after the cross ref. that is done in the TV lesson today. It would have been easy to breeze past that verse and not fully understand the importance of it.
In my #4 question on this lesson, after listing how they turned against God, I was struck by how much is sounds like our present day society. They stumbled, fallen, their speech and actions are against the Lord, they rebelled against His glorious presence, displayed their sin with out concealing it, and brought evil against themselves. This is such a description our our world today.
Again, desiring to be part of the righteous remnant.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cris,
I was not able to start the Isaiah study but have been continuing to be encouraged by this blog. I would like to jump into the next study when it starts. The Isaiah study looks so good and I am challenged to get into my Bible and reaad some of the scripture even if I am not able to keep up the study in these weeks.
As I read your posts about holiness, I so much agreed with what you have said. I grew up in a certain denomination and went to a university of that denomination...am still a member and attend a church of the same denomination :)...It is what is considered a "holiness" denomination. I never really thought about that until the last few years. I know that there are Christians who think "holiness"="legalistic". That can sometimes be true, but it makes it seem so negative. Really, holiness should be a goal in our daily lives. To be set apart from the world for a sacred purpose.
I was challenged with the idea of "rebelling against God's presence". I read a book in high school called "Practicing the Presence of God" and was challenged then and reminded now of God's constance presence...and how that affects how I live. People often pray, "Lord, be with so-and-so." But we can thank God for his presence with that person instead. That is a basic truth I keep trying to teach my kids that God is always with us!! I had forgotten how the Israelites had visible proof of God's presence and they still rebelled.
Post a Comment