Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 23



I have to say how much I appreciated looking at the map as I studied this lesson. I am a visual person and it helps so much to see the places that are mentioned in the scripture. I have gotten into the habit of double underlining in green any location mention and with the multiple names of places, the map really helps. Israel = Ephraim = Jacob = Northern kingdom. Then Judah = Zion = Jerusalem = Southern Kingdom. Needless to say, the map helps me.

I also jotted down the info about Hosea being the prophet to the Northern Kingdom and Isaiah being the prophet to the Southern Kingdom. Hadn't noted that before.

I often see a lot of common themes in our country today and what was being noted in Isaiah about Israel. Pride, disobedience, not following God, and listening to His chastening, turning their back on God, not lasting because you don't believe.

What an important challenge to bring yourself to submissively obey under the hand of God's judgment and agree with God that we have blown it. Peace and fulfillment comes from obedience.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

I finally made my bookmark with my key to marked words, I was starting to get them (and the colors) confused. So, now I feel organized and ready to tackle the rest of Isaiah...marking the words really grows on you and words start to jump out at you that wouldn't otherwise.

I was challenged by the passage in Hebrews 12 about considering hardships as discipline. Don't lose heart, but look forward to a harvest of righteousness and peace!!!