Thursday, October 9, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 13

If I could encourage you to go and listen/watch one lesson, I think it would be this one. I sit here absolutely humbled beyond belief. Humbled and challenged. Understanding how important it is to look at God and not others. How easy it is to let pride well up in me as I compare myself to others. Yet, when I study these verses in Is. 6 I realise that I am unclean. I need to see myself compared to God, not others. To see who I really am and live accordingly. I want to know His presence, His power and His glory. To just get a glimpse of God and understand His holiness.

...I saw the Lord, sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple..."Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory."

Understanding the significance of the coal that the seraphim touched Isaiah mouth with ~ the burning coal from the altar on which the sacrifices were made for cleansing of sin. Understanding that it was after Isaiah humbled himself before God that his iniquity was taken away. Understanding about King Uzziah's pride that took place in his heart and his judgment from God.

Oh, the warning that I need to be careful that I can become so proud that I might think that I could get away with presumptuous sin.

What a great lesson. I am so blessed by the Word. The more I learn, the more I desire to know more...and say "Here am I, send me!"

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

This WAS a great study. I really appreciated the passage in 2 Chronicles about King Uziah...wow, talk about being prideful and not honoring God's presence. I thought this background really made Is. 6 come alive. I want to do what's right before God and not look around at others comparing myself thinking I am ok since I am not as sinful as them..."Woe is me".