Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 16

I have to say, I so greatly appreciated the historical back ground and information on chapter 7. On my first reading of this passage, I was a little more than confused. It helped to get the maps out and understand where these locations are. And I also underlined people in a light brown and double underlined locations in green. That helps me keep it straight.

The lesson from Kay was also helpful in understanding this passage. I often jot down the dates that she mentions and any definitions on my observation worksheets. I had not fully understood where the Samaritans came from. The information about these being a blend of "left over" Jews and "brought in" Gentiles helps me understand so much. I really do appreciate the historical context.

What great comfort to focus on these verse in chapter 7. "take care, and be calm, have no fear and do not be fainthearted..." (verse 4). I will choose to cling to this verse during our difficult times. And a wonderful challenge, "if you will not believe, you surely shall not last." (verse 9).

I appreciate so much to respond to this very high calling - I agree with the thoughts that the Body of Christ is suffering because they don't know the Word of God. It is not a popular thing to challenge others to dig into the Word deeply. People just don't have time. Life if too busy. It takes sacrifice to study. And it is a narrow path, that few will walk down. Thanks for joining me. I am changed person because of the truth that I study.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

God TOTALLY met me here on this study. The night before we got some distressing news about our placement in Japan when we return, we felt so lost and disillusioned...God spoke peace to my heart with those words in Isaiah 7:4, "Be careful, keep calm and don't be afraid. Do not lose heart..." How neat for God to bless me sitting down and doing this study and making it pertinent to me in our struggle.