Thursday, October 2, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 8

Quick notes on this lesson...appreciated the verses 3:10-11 "say to the righteous that it will go well with them for they will eat the fruit of their actions. Woe to the wicked! It will go badly with them. For what he deserves will be done to him." Great challenge to be a righteous one and not a wicked one.

It seemed that this time is history is a great time to be doing this study. God knew what we needed as His children to be warned, and challenged. To encourage others to do the right thing. To be an example to others and to point them to be obedient to our Lord Most High.

God is God and there is no other. Let's learn from the lesson of these in the book in Isaiah. Those that were so occupied with self...let's stand for God.

3 comments:

K-Sue said...

Having finally printed out these lessons, I am going to try to jump in to the middle of the discussion next week. Thanks for encouraging me to do some personal Bible study.

Tim and Susan said...

I don't want to be a prideful woman "flauting" my stuff or beauty that God has to humble. I was also challenged by v. 10 and v. 11. I am sure reading that book of quotes would be eye opening to our Christian heritage in America!!

Tim and Susan said...

Good for you K-Sue! I am trying to catch up here, but I think if you just start current it is easier and not so overwhelming.