Monday, October 13, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 14

Ever since studying Isaiah 6, I have been singing a song in my head about the whole earth being filled with God's glory. One of the things I like about studying the scriptures, it allows my mind to dwell on the right things.

One of the things I jotted down from Kay on this lesson was to think about God and to live accordingly. I appreciate the constant encouragement to live righteously. It is so refreshing compared to societies draw on us to live in a way that goes against God will.

I also have been thinking about the discouraging commission. The idea of going and telling these people about God, yet understanding that they won't listen. God desires them to know, but there are some that won't respond. Wonder if that encouraged you missionaries. Or if there is comfort in knowing that you have obey what God has called you to do.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

Very sobering, Isaiah was told the people probably would not listen but he was supposed to go anyway....yes, I guess an encouragement to us as we go and tell the Japanese and most don't listen. Yet, God is calling out a remnant.