Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 21

In this lesson we got a preview that we are working on the next few chapters of Isaiah. I noted the heads up that there will be 3 major prophecies in these chapters 7-12. This lesson focused on the one in Isaiah 7:14 (the others are in 9:6, then 11:1, 10).

Again a reminder that this is for the faithful remnant. And the challenged that the government of our life should be on the shoulders of God and not on man. In a time of uncertain government, this is such a source of encouragement. God is to be the one authority in our life. The importance to turn to God to make the decisions and not turn to the weak arm of man.

I always love the challenge to get on my knees and to go God with everything. He is the authority and I am going to submit and trust Him.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

I noticed this phrase "only a remnant"...just a reminder again how the remnant is just a few...I want to be apart of that faithful, believing remnant.