I will be honest and let you know I took a few days off of this study to finish up my Ephesians study from the summer. I was also trying to slow down a bit to wait for whomever was trying to keep up.
All that to say, I was so blessed by the verse in 8:17 - "And I will wait for the Lord who is hiding His face from the house of Jacob; I will even look eagerly for Him. " The reminder that God was hiding His face because His people choose to turn against Him. Yet that hope of the faithful remnant. Oh to be part of a remnant in our land of ones that will continue to wait for the Lord. To look eagerly for Him. I will be honest, I don't think often enough of the return of the Lord. Though lately, our personal life seems to be a picture of going ahead to prepare a place for you (with Chuck having gone ahead to the new town). I need to have the same longing for Christ's return. In fact oh so much more, as I look forward to Christ and His return for the bride, like I look forward to Chuck coming to get us.
As for other notes from the lesson, I appreciated Kay's strong challenge to be cautious of those who appeal toward our emotion and let our mind lead and not our heart. I have been praying that in the midst of our nations calamity, may we be part of the remnant that are waiting on the Lord. May we be blameless and spotless. Amos 3:6 ...If a calamity occurs in a city has not the Lord done it? May the calamity point others to God and may we respond in obedience and repentance to Him.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for slowing down - but don't expect me to catch up. I have been very hit and miss, but mostly miss, for this study. But I look forward to a future time with more consistency on my part.
Is. 9:2 "the people who walk in darkness, will see a great light.." prophetic words of Jesus coming to earth?
Love the "Christmas verses" of Jesus...our wonderful counselor, mighty God, prince of peace!!
Post a Comment