Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 11

What a great lesson. I have been realizing that the more I do these in depth studies, the more my life changes. I desire to have influences that encourage me to be more godly rather than influence me to be more worldly.

I appreciated the description of holy. To be pulled out of the common and ordained for the sacred. Doesn't that just make you want to be holy? And the reminder of our position in Christ. How we are part of this amazing family of God and the body of Christ. That God brought us to Himself and we should obey His voice.

I have personally been faced with the pull toward the dangers of prosperity. Not that doing well in life is bad, but the dangers that it can entangle you with. (And to be honest, it would be Chuck's prosperity ~ not mine). Desiring to be free of all that the world entangles us with, and run the race that has been set before us.

I am glad to have a way to mark pride. I have been very aware of verses of pride and I am starting a list of it for my reference. Making lists seem to really help me notice the warnings. Hope you were blessed too.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

I thought this was one of the best talks by Kay...I was so blessed and reminded of those basic truths of God's presence and how practicing pride is the opposite of practicing God's presence. I was tired and irritable today and convicted of my yucky sin listening to this talk.