Sunday, September 7, 2008

precepts 101

Just wanted to pass on some pictures of how I do my Precepts study. You can do it any way that you want but here are some pictures of my notebook.
This is a shot of my notebook from my Ephesians study. I printed everything and then punched it and keep it in a binder. This notebook also keeps the study from my Life in the Spirit study that I also did this summer.I write my answers on notebook paper from the questions from the lessons. There is a bit of copy work (meaning listing things from verses). I have found it a great way to really remember the verses.
Here is a shot of the observation worksheets. I like marking them instead of in my Bible. My Bible is really old and the pages can't take all that writing. Plus, when you are doing such a long in depth study, there is a lot of marking that I don't necessarily want to do in the Bible that I use all the time.

Here is an up close picture of the text markings. Most of these markings were suggestions from the study guide.
I like to use the twistable crayola colored pencils. I keep them in a little tote with my notebook and Bible.

So, I know this is kind of a simple post. I just wanted to show you what my Precepts study stuff looks like. If I had you over for coffee and to let the kids play, I would get this stuff out and show you in person. Just imagine we are sipping some java and having a chat. =)

4 comments:

DebiH. said...

I have not been involved in a Precepts study before so your pictures are great for me. I don't know if I am more excited about the study topic or the option of doing this at home. I would never have thought to look at the Precepts site. It is an answer to prayer for me. I need a strong Bible Study and going somewhere is not a choice for me right now.
Thank you!!!!

crispy said...

Debi, I am so glad that the pictures are helpful. I love the idea of doing my study at home when I can do it at my own pace.

Your comments and excitement are such an encouragement to me tonight.

Tim and Susan said...

Hey, I printed the Bible text pages and the study questions last night. It took a little navigating around the site for me to figure it out...but now that I have it in my hand and know how to watch it online...I am ready to go. I will do my study first thing tomorrow (Monday) AM and then listen to Kay's teaching so that I don't get behind. Thanks for proding us along Cris. I'm excited about this short 2 week? study. What a neat idea to start your Bible study Blog and challenge your blogging buddies to get into God's word deeper!!

Annie said...

I keep getting in here and giving it some thought. I don't want to start without full commitment, but just got the idea that this might be a Lenten project.

I am attracted to the markings - sounds crazy, but I am a visual and kinesthetic learner, so that sort of thing is helpful. I love the book Praying in Color.