Wednesday, September 17, 2008

America at the Crossroads- lesson 7

Today's lesson really reminded me how "in control" God is of everything. The passage in Jeremiah was a such a blessing to read and "mark up". (I marked ref. to: God ~triangle, Israel ~ Jewish star, calamity ~ red cloud, evil ~ gray squiggly, word ~ book, kingdom ~ crown...just some ideas). In verse 7 and 8 was such an eye opener as to God causing difficult times or blessings. I don't want to live in fear of the reprimand that we deserve. Instead I am challenged to live in a righteous way. What a great encouragement that each of us, individually, are challenged to turn back from our evil ways and reform our ways and deeds.

I want to be part of this new culture. A holy one. Living in the fear of God. Let's step it up!!! Let's live in the way that glorifies God in ALL we do. In how we act, live, raise our children, dress, spend our money, live our values. I desire to have a deeper hunger and thirst for righteousness. Again, I am so grateful that we can trust in our sovereign God as we go through these difficult times. Let's pray that more join in learning the truths about God and His word.

Oh, BTW, I did order that set of books...I was ordering new books for my kids from the "kids" line and thought I would save on shipping later...

3 comments:

Tim and Susan said...

People are eager to say, "God Bless America"...but look at v. 18:10 that really impressed me..."If it does evil in My sight by not obeying My voice, then I will think better of the good with which I had promised to bless it." God can not bless evil, only right living. I am reminded again, as I have been throughout this study, of the importance of RIGHT LIVING, living in obedience to God.
I had never thought about the bloodshed on America's hands because of abortion, but think of other countries too, with high abortion rates like China and Japan...

K-Sue said...

My comments seem detined to run 2 days behind.

I've been humming, "The Potter's Hand" since studying this a couple of days ago. I want to be willing to accept God's molding of my life, knowing His wisdom and lvoe for us exceeds our ability to grasp.

Thanks, again my friend, for spurring me on to greater holiness.

Rachel said...

"Instead I am challenged to live in a righteous way. What a great encouragement that each of us, individually, are challenged to turn back from our evil ways and reform our ways and deeds. "

What a great statement Cris and I completely agree with you! As I shared in another comment, the sobering reality of the nation America has become is heavy but praise God that we may turn from our sins and be forgiven.

I too want to be part of this new holy culture and although I have been travelling like mad, I am enjoying this study so very much.