Sunday, September 21, 2008

America at the Crossroads- lesson 9

This lesson was again, a great reminder to live in such a way that glorifies God. I appreciated the verses about refining of the silver and removing the impurities and the process of what God does. Not that it is an easy or a pleasant process to have God "melt" us, but knowing that God desires what is pure and right.

I myself, hadn't noticed the progression of the difference of prophets, priests, princes and people. Something I picked up from the TV lesson and not the personal study myself. It was good to go back through and note the different ways of these people and the unrighteous ways to be cautious of.

I do see a theme that has been throughout this study. Living in a way that glorifies God. Many references to morals, integrity, character, righteousness, godliness, values...not only areas of my own life to examine, but also as I consider who to vote for. The definition of integrity was something that brought me right back to my Daniel study that I did this past year. Talk about a man with integrity. Hopefully this will spur us on to live with integrity (and to vote with it too).

Integrity: possession of firm principles, the quality of possessing and steadfastly adhering to high moral standards.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I have to comment on both 9&10 as I will be travelling for the week beginning tomorrow but let me first ask if anyone has noticed the new download? Check it out Cris and let me know what you think. It is under current downloads.

I shared on the past post that John has sat in with me the last couple video sessions and we have had wonderful conversations the past few nights about our nation, the idols of this nation, the current culture of America and the sinful nature of it all. We had a family meeting tonight (I think I posted on our "family meetings" on our blog in the past) and we discussed with the kids that we feel that maybe our family needs to eliminate the television.

During the discussion I kept thinking...when will the whining begin but it never did! Mad said, "There aren't alot of polite shows on the TV except Disney" (even then I beg to differ!) and Mak said, "Well I guess that will make more time to play as a family and praise God" (such a powerful statement from a little one who loves the television).

SO...this is a small step and not even close to all I have on my mind about this study and it coming to a close but Kay really challenged me in video 10 to keep going...going deeper still into His word.

I can't wait to hear your alls final recaps on the study and hope to share more when I get back home.

Don't forget to check out the new download...maybe we could keep this site going???

Tim and Susan said...

It would be interesting to read the Marketing Evil book. Again, same theme for me of remebering God can not bless sin, only righteous living. I want my life and the life of my families to stand differnent than the world around us...it is so easy to get sucked in to the wrong around us. I appriciated your thoughts about no tv... We watch very little....but still I often choose to watch shows that have evil (sinfullness...not righteous living) portrayed as ok or acceptable...and I shouldn't let those thoughts seep in and take over. So, I decided to stop watching a favorite show recently.