Thursday, September 11, 2008

America at the Crossroads- lesson 3

I think it helped a little to have a day as a buffer for me to be able to watch the lesson on the local TV station. Sorry if it is a little late for anyone. It has been busy around here.

What a sobering idea of being part of a country that has turned its back on God. Thinking back to times that were different and how many things have changed for America. Even though it is sobering, there is still hope. I love the key phrases according to your ways and then you will know. When I was doing my study I jotted down that then you will know was a purpose phrase. Knowing that even though the discipline is necessary (judgment according to your ways), it was for the best. God, our heavenly father, does know what is best. It is easier to understand that as a parent of my own kiddos. I can even imagine using the phrase, "you brought it upon yourself". How grateful I am that with God's judgment there is deliverance. And also there is the purpose of the glory of God in His judgment and understanding there is importance and consequences of our ways.

As always, very challenging. This being Thursday, I have been praying for our country and seeking forgiveness for our failures and our unfaithfulness. Thanks again for joining me. I was blessed again today by my studies and so thankful that I am learning to go deeper into the Word.

5 comments:

crispy said...

I forgot to mention, how much I appreciated the historical context of the book of Ezekiel. One of the benefits of doing the lesson and watching the video too.

Rachel said...

Sorry I have not been able to comment. I have been out of town at an ATOD conference since Tuesday and am just getting home this evening and able to get online. I am enjoying this study so much and like Cris, love digging deeper into His word. He's a blast and I don't want to miss a minute with Him!

It's sobering really...the place Kay is taking us in this study.
We know the reality of the state of our nation as Christians. We know that our nation has turned its back on God and we live in it each day. We teach our children that we are to be in this world but are not of this world. But even still...how sobering it is to be brought to the words of Ezekiel and the judgment of God.

Like Cris I found myself thinking of my words as a mother, "It is because of your action and choice that..."

I'm loving this study girls and am so thankful to Cris for challenging us to go deeper still.

Psalm 119:102 will be my memory verse for the week.

I'll have more to share but have spend the past three hours since arriving home loving on my kiddies and now as they are sleeping I need to love a little on my big kiddie.

Thanking God for each of you...

DebiH. said...

I spent yesterday traveling, so am a day behind. I'll catch up tomorrow.

crispy said...

Don't worry, plenty of time to catch up. The TV lessons don't air on the weekends here so there is no rush. Glad that you are still joining us. =)

Tim and Susan said...

I am playing catch up too. Doing the rest of 3 and 4 on Saturday. I loved the Historical background!! I was very convicted with the words, "according to your ways-conduct". It is all about doing what is right! Stepping out and acting in a way that God wants you to,no matter the thoughts or feelings that often contradict.