Tuesday, September 9, 2008

America at the Crossroads- lesson 2

What a challenging lesson. WOW. It was great to focus on the verses in Ezekiel about a country that sins against God by committing unfaithfulness. What sobering thoughts to understand the seriousness about sinning against God as a nation. And when you start to comprehend the changes of how our country has a void in honoring and fearing God. The quotes from the founding fathers of our nation were inspiring. Such a healthy respect and fear of God. All we have to do is study the scriptures to understand that we need to take God at His word.

I was challenged (rather than discouraged) to live righteous, to encourage others to live righteous, to cry out to God on behalf of our nation and beseech Him. I have been convicted to pray for forgiveness for our country for our unfaithfulness toward God (adding it to our daily prayer list ~should have been there all along).

Eager to hear how you were challenged and encouraged.

7 comments:

Lee and Bev said...

In looking at our country, I feel that we have a spirit of greed and entitlement for money, power, prestige and pleasure. We feel like we deserve it ALL! What we deserve it God's judgement for excluding HIM in our plans, desires, activities, thoughts, etc. "O Lord, have mercy"

Tim and Susan said...

I marked extra with my fine line markers and marked, "idols" and "heart"...Just thinking again how we are so tempted by American society to have idols in our hearts that make us TURN AWAY (Ez. 14:6) and STRAY (Ez. 14:11) from God...I don't want to be unfaithful to God.

K-Sue said...

This a.m. I went through 2 lessons, so now am only 1 day behind. This is a wonderful study - different than what I thought before seeing we would spend time in Ezekiel.

It is so easy, when thinking of judgment on nations, to point fingers and not humble myself. I think, "I should pray for humility," but that's a little scary - I might get mightily humbled! Then I remember that years ago, when I was searching for an answer, an exactly-right-prayer to get God's attention, the lesson God taught me was that He is not a tricky God; He is a loving God. His ear is open to our cry, we can trust Him, He's not going to give me a stone when I am asking for bread. So I am praying, as I study, for humility and wisdom.

-- And thanking God for my study friends.

crispy said...

It just warms my heart to have friends to study with. I had to work hard at getting my lesson done yesterday so I could post and we could "chat". There is the freedom of being a day or two behind since you can get the archive online (I think my TV station is about a day behind ~I had to watch online). It just might give us the buffer we need to stay as closely together as we can. I know we all have busy lives and it is an effort to carve out time to do a study. Thanks again for any sacrifice you may be taking to dive deeply into the Word of God.

DebiH. said...

I did lesson 2 today and will watch the video tonight. The TV broadcast is 1 day behind. Everyone's thoughts are similar to mine. Growing up in the US ( and not having the experience of international travel), I was very humbled to consider that no nation is exempt from judgement.

K-Sue said...

The TV broadcast being a day behind worked just great for me :)

Lee and Bev said...

This is my posting for both lessons 3 & 4. Can't imagine the "wild beast" judgement. Maybe it is fire ants and chiggers! What a challenge to realize that we can't even save our family! Each one is responsible to God himself. "O Lord, remind me of your inevitable judgement along with your unfailing love. May Americal turn to you - even this day - for repentence and forgiveness." I'm praying at noon!