How can I be more encouraged and challenged with each new lesson? Not sure, but I think I am. Let me start off by saying I am tempted buy the book offer for the 3 books. I bet it would be fascinating and challenging too.
We are so fortunate to be part of a country that is so rich in it's spiritual heritage and history. When ever I have studied presidents in the past I am almost in tears of their character. In awe of their respect and morals (so different than the career of politics today). The quote from Winthrop was amazing. Referring to self governing. It is such a thing of the past (look at most families and/or any citizens, for that matter, to see that living a life of self governing is lost).
Just reflecting on the recent "natural" disaster of hurricane Ike shows the calamity and disaster that God uses to get our attention. Or what about the soaring gas prices or the drop on Wall Street? They are all situations that should point us to God and shake us up to return to Him.
But we are still a sinful nation, hungry for power and greedy and embarrassingly selfish. I am praying to be part of that arising Christian culture, who takes God's word seriously. I am challenged again to speak and to act and to live according to God's word. To walk in the manor worthy of the calling.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved the quote by Winthrop too...the book looks cool sharing our rich Christian heritage. I love readying about great Christians in our history to helped found our nation, governement,etc. Praying God will bring more Christians into office and lead government to make wise, God honoring choices!!
I loved the Psalm 2 passage...I went and highlighted God int he chapter and put a "J" for Jesus...helped clarify who is who when pronouns are used. I listed the action, command verbs in v.10-12...show discernment, take warning, worship the Lord, rejoice with trembling, do homage, and take refuge in Him.
Post a Comment