Tuesday, September 23, 2008

America at the Crossroads- lesson 10

What a fantastic way to end this short study...focusing and pondering and seeking prayer for choosing our next president. There really wasn't much to do on your own study time for this lesson, but great verses to look up and focus on what God desires for a leader.

I did copy the list that was given on the video lesson of Comparing the Presidential Candidates.

  1. In respect to their character and values and integrity.
  2. Look at their voting record.
  3. Analyze the promises they make. ~ Can they keep them?
  4. What is their experience that can help them handle unprecedented events?
  5. How important is power to this person ~ Can they handle pride?
  6. Which one will come closer to doing what is right no matter what the cost?
  7. How do they handle their opponents?
  8. Do not let media determine who you will vote for.
  9. Seek the one who has proven integrity and holds up those principles.
  10. We are going to answer to God for the one we vote for.
I hope that you have been challenged, as I have, to live in a way that pleases God. To live according to His principles. To walk in a manor worthy of the calling. As men and women of virtue and ones who hunger and thirst for righteousness.

I did order those extra books and already (in one day) finished one. The spiritual heritage that we are so grateful to be part of runs deep in our country's history. I will never look at my country the same again. I am even more challenged to get on my knees and seeks God face in forgiveness on behalf of our nation. To examine my heart for idols and live in a way that pleases our Father. I just downloaded the next one and I am ready to start studying Isaiah.

2 comments:

Tim and Susan said...

The Isaiah study looks good!! Yes, I am interested in starting it!!

Tim and Susan said...

Will you lend me the Spiritual Heritage book? I would love to read it.