Just a quick note on not getting my postings up earlier on Mondays. I tutor and the day is eaten up with all the other things that need to get done around here. Sorry and thanks for being patient with me.
When I was marking my text in Ezekiel 22 I was thinking about our nation and the idea of being stained with blood from the abortions that have taken place here. Interesting that Kay also mentioned that idea of being part of a sinful nation.
There are times that I don't always get my answers down before I watch the lesson on TV. Chuck was just asking if there are times I don't know the answer. And yes, there are times I don't quiet get what she is leading us to. So don't worry if you don't jot down an answer. On this lesson I didn't really answer 1 d ~ the question about judgment. I do love how she ties it all together. So thanks for sticking to it.
OK, back to the lesson. I appreciated the observation of how selfish we are as a nation. So self centered. Concerned that we are taken care of emotionally, physically, financially. We turn to the government to provide our needs and that just encourages the focus of our self centered American culture. A great reminder that God is in control and that He is the provider of all we need.
I was also sickened about the fact that we are a country that has contaminated a world with our sins. We have influenced the world with our "western ways" of sins (dress, pornography, sensuality...). Instead of being a light we are polluting the world with our sinful ways.
Great encouragement to restore us to the image of Christ Jesus. To turn away from our selfish ways and instead turn to God's ways. We need to confess our ugly wrongful sin to our holy God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very sad and depressing about all the bloodshed, but a good reminder that God's judgement does come for those who she innocent blood...sobering.
Ez. 22:12, 13 phrases that caught my attention, "you have forgotten Me," declares the Lord "I smite My hand at your dishonest gain"
Liked shading the city and pronouns!
Post a Comment