Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 30

Oh, such comfort in the truths of God's word. He is sovereign. I can trust Him. He will judge with righteousness. He is in control of all. All wrongs will be righted by Him. And I am part of His family. I belong to Him and can call Him Abba Father. Is. 14:27 For the Lord of hosts has planned and who can frustrate it?

I can trust Him. And I will live in a way that shows that I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been searching the Scriptures for comfort, and found a verse in Isaiah that I've been memorizing:

Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too deaf to hear Isaiah 59:1


Sometimes it feels like we're not getting an answer from God, but this verse reminds me that He hears all our prayers.

I also love

...all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began.
Psalm 139:16

It's comforting to know that even when WE don't know what's coming, God does. He DOES have a plan, and it's bigger and better than we can imagine.

Tim and Susan said...

I too was reminded that God is in control of my life. Is. 14:24 "The Lord of hosts has sworn saying, "Surely, just as I have intended so it has happened, and just as I have planned so it will stand." God is in control.

2 Cor. 5:8 I loved this reminder that as Christians we are spared from the aweful descriptions of Sheol, When we die we "are absent from the body and at home with the Lord"