Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 29

I think if I were not marking the text with different colors I would completely get lost on who is who in this chapter and be totally lost. I am marking Babylon with a purple B and I put a Jewish star over Israel in blue.

Notes that I jotted down about Babylon: it is filled with the blood of the saints (Christians), it is wicked, it is an oppressor, it functions with unrestrained persecution, and going to Sheol. I also noted that when Babylon (rulers) is in Sheol, the whole Earth is at rest.

I also noted that Sheol is a place, beneath, and ones recognize one another, and talk to one another. It sure make you want to prepare for the end of our life here on Earth.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

Very sobering talking about Sheol-Hades where the prideful people WILL be humbled.