The first "woe" in this chapter 10 really reminded me of those families that I am praying with that are struggling with unfair judges in their adoption cases. Woe to those who enact evil statutes and record unjust decisions. A fantastic reminder that God is in charge of things and He is responsible to take care of unjust deeds.
I was quite surprised I was able to stay with the pronouns on this chapter and keep coloring the correct ones orange to represent Assyria. Sometimes I get a bit turned around in these passages.
I wanted to touch on the encouragement and the constant challenge to be part of God's faithful remnant. Again, I desire to serve God, no matter what. Even when the struggles come. Even when things don't look cheerful. I want to be the advertisement when people look at me and see me handle the difficult times and allow God to produce the righteousness that He desires.
He disciplines those He loves. Let my life produce the fruit that will honor Him. Is it possible that God is allowing me to go through this difficult season just so I will bear fruit and glorify Him when others look at me?
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I too got a little confused in with all the pronouns, trying to keep straight who is God, Assyria and Israel...
Wow. Again comes in man's pride ("lofty", "tall", "haughtiness") and God having to humble them.
Those wonderful verses kept coming up all throughout Ch. 9 and 10 "In spite of all this, His anger does not turn away, And His Hnd is still stretched out." God is still patiently calling men to Himself in the midst of their disobedience.
Post a Comment