Well I was ready for some hope and encouragement and I am thankful that there is such a peace and hope that comes from chapters 11 and 12.
The root, the branch, the shoot...all being our Messiah. I listed the words that describe the Messiah.
- wisdom
- understanding
- counsel
- strength
- spirit of knowledge
- fear of the Lord
- righteousness
- fairness
- faithfulness
Oh, to rest in the glorious resting place. And to not take back what is in His control. To abide in Him and He in us. To depend on Him more and more, trusting Him and clinging to Him. That describes right where I am. Clinging to Him. I am so grateful He is trustworthy.
4 comments:
I've been trying to catch Kay's program on the TV. I really enjoyed today's message. I too have been learning to trust God's plan and purpose for our struggles, and the struggles of our children. My oldest has continued to have new health problems and has grown increasingly frustrated with all that's been happening to him. But just in time, I've been receiving the encouragement of knowing that God is still in charge. His plans are not my plans. His plans are better! Praying His will for your situation too!
So glad to see you on here, I want you to know that I pray for you each morning as you school your boys in your wonderful learning "room".
I am off to do my study right now. I know that when I ground myself in the word of God, all else falls into place.
I loved reading Chaper 11. I agree such encouragement from the wonderful description of Jesus...wisdom, counsel and strength, but also such a strong, powerful judge.
Also the description of the future heavenly kingdom here on earth...no hurt or destruction, and full knowledge of God (such a contrast from the earth we live in).
Is. 12 has been a favorite of mine for awhile and it was already underlined in my Bible. May I praise Him as I trust Him, today!
Post a Comment