Friday, November 21, 2008

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 27

I am working hard at catching back up. I hate that rushed feeling and I hate that carving out the time for study is so limiting.

Thoughts on the idea that this is the day of man. Mankind, in general, disrespects God (even His name in vain is so prevalent). We need to live in honor and respect that there is a Holy one of Israel and He is the Almighty God. I desire to be consumed with God and yet, it is way to easy for life to consume me. I agree that the more I am in the Word, the more of life just fades away. I take comfort and find confidence that God is our banner (Jehovah Nissi). He is our victory when we come against the difficult times.

I will prepare for the Day of the Lord and submit my life in total surrender to Him.

1 comment:

Tim and Susan said...

I agree, it was interesting to think of the idea of "the day of man", men living in sin and acting like there is no God...
From the verses in Joel 1:1-12, God is "calling the nations to return to Him".
I got a little lost at Kay's mention of the 2 dead people in the street? not sure where she got that...did it have to do with the verses about Elijah being send before the day of the Lord? (Mal. 4:5) Not sure I understand that eitehr...It's all a bit much to take in and follow.