Friday, May 15, 2009

Philippians - Count it All Joy - lesson 22

Ahhhh...I am behind again. Feel free to leave comments here.

*******************************************************

The contrast was interesting (and not sure I would have noticed it on my own) in the end of chapter 3. The different ways people walk.

enemies of the cross
whose end is destruction
whose god is their appetite
whose glory is their shame
who set their minds on earthy things


contrasted with:

citizenship in heaven
we eagerly wait for a savior
transform the body from humble state into the conformity of the body of His glory


Finding comfort in the truth that my citizenship is in heaven.

2 comments:

Tim and Susan said...

Yeah!! What a great reminder our citizenship is in heaven...so we need to get our eyes off of the earthly things.

I am always so challenged by the verse, "their god is their stomach"...so easy to look to food for comfort and "satisfaction". I want to hunger for God, He alone satisfies me!!

Erlinda said...

watch the way you walk because your citizenship is in heaven... Have I forgot that this world is not my home? Have I become entangled in the affairs of the world. Where is my eager anticipation that Jesus Christ is coming?