Thursday, May 7, 2009

Philippians - Count it All Joy - lesson 19

Any thoughts yet on this lesson. I will add mine when I get to it.

******************************************************

Things can rob us of our JOY. Kay asks what THINGS are important in our life today? Car, home, collection, education, status in community? Can't have your mind on both, your things and Christ.
Do you have a passion for Christ like Paul describes?

Personally for me, my things are too much stuff, TV (which is slowly getting cut out of our life), even school for the kids. Trying to get all the school work done and not focusing enough on what really matters...teaching my kids God's Word.

(my audio cut out about halfway through this lesson so I wasn't able to hear the whole thing)

Still loving the challenges.

3 comments:

Lee and Bev said...

Whew! I was challenged with Kay's admonition regarding how much time we spend in the study of the Word - in comparison with other activities. Good food for thought!

Tim and Susan said...

I was challenged once about that with an Elizabeth George book, about spending as much time each day studying God's Word as you do your favorite hobby or activity that you enjoy....pretty tough to do, but a great challenge.

I listed some of the things that rob me of joy: messy house, misbehaving kids, lack of rest-sleep, other's responces or lack of...JOY despite people and things!!!

"That I may gain Christ and be found in Him!"

Erlinda said...

What "things" are keeping me from God, from the Word? Things can rob me from my joy. Things can keep me from my goal... of Christ Jesus. Seems like its the "good" things that keep me from the "best" things... Sometimes, it's hard to even know the difference when I'm not consistently in the Word.