Thursday, May 7, 2009

Philippians - Count it All Joy - lesson 17

Trying to catch up...feel free to leave comments here for this lesson.


***************************************************

Starting off with the word worship - latreuo - serving God, not just sitting and looking up at the heavens and singing. An active service. We are to worship God in the power of the Spirit, rather than the competence of knowledge.

Love that verse about removing your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. True salvation is a circumcision of the heart. A true change. A new heart.

This lesson really focuses on the contrast of false circumcision vs. true circumcisions. Those contrasts really teach so much.

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

2 comments:

Tim and Susan said...

Interesting background. I loved the verse in the study from Deut. 30:6 ..."hearts circumcised so that we may love God with all our hearts and with all our soul, and live"...

Erlinda said...

the 3rd BEWARE... false circumcision.... outward appearance of belief... hmmm

true circumcision is of the heart, inward belief guiding actions outward.... hmmm