I am trying so hard to finish up the Isaiah study before those lessons are not available online anymore. So that might be my focus this week. Here is a place for comments on Phil. study lesson 21.
***************************************************************
After hearing about Kay's day of rest where she spends time soaking in God and His word...I was convicted. It seems like life is so busy and flying by and I long to have a simplified life that has room in it for quiet life.
I have felt the need to catch up on Precepts lessons and it sounds like I am trying to just check it off my list of things to do. But I love these studies. I love learning more. I love studying the Word and living my life differently because of it. I love how God's Word is alive and that the Holy Spirit is leading me as my teacher.
I wonder if my life is one that is being followed as I follow Christ. I am so grateful for the TRUTH of God's Word. As I have mentioned, I am still trying to catch up on the Isaiah study that I started last year. It has been fantastic and it will be great to know that I have studied such a great (and huge) book of the Bible.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
how long do the lessons stay online?
how does susan get it downloaded on her mp3 player-- is that an ipod? does that show you how techno I am?
When I studies Philippians several years ago, I wrote a quote from the study booklet and put it above my sink. "May I be focused on 'the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus' knowing that it awaits me at the end of the race. Although minor rewards may come along the way, the highest honor doesn't come until we've run the entire race." Good reminder again during this study!
They stay online for several weeks. If you click recent lessons, you will see the list.
As for the ipod, I don't know how she does that. You will have to ask her. I just watch them online.
Hey ladies, it is quite easy to download and save these videos onto itunes...even if you don't have an ipod...you can watch them on your computer....that's what I am starting to do and really enjoying it...thanks Cris for the idea to do this!:)
I was convicted about my "fleshly"ness making me quarrel with my husband (Just a quick conment and side note of Kay's talk, but hit me hard today and I repented quick and asked for God to grow me!!) I want to be chewing meat not, drinking milk.
I am not very "techi" but Tim has helped me learn more. We subscibe to the podcasts and they automatically come onto our iTunes. I think this is how we did it. (If it doesn't work as us agian and we'll see.)
1. go to: http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Precept/
2. Click on Podcasts
3. fill out the "Register now and get podcast"
Then when you find them on under podcast on our iTunes. (Tim subscribes to sermons from Alistar Begg too.) I just "sync" them on my iPod several at a time (I am usually several days behind the current program so I can put several on at a time, rather than just 1)...Or like Sherry said, Just listen to them on your computer!! iPod is different than mp3 but I think you can subscribe and download podcasts for your mp3 too.
Love that quote mom. Great reminder.
thanks ladies for helping me into the 20th century to download & podcast, wow new vocabulary. I'm listening to this in another waiting room. And I'm finally getting to commenting as I listen to this on my computer. Thanks Cris for setting up this virtual Bible study... even though I know everyone is done, I still have this place for accountability as I am on this "desert" journey
Goal= to be like Christ... v15 let us therefore as many are perfect (mature... pressing on) have this attitude.... the one thing that is needful... wanting to be like Him.
Deny myself, take up my cross & follow Jesus
Post a Comment