*****************************************
Interesting that the evil workers are ones that are connected to Christianity, infiltrated into the church.
We see the contrast of the true workers with Paul: as a fellow worker, fellow soldier, suffering hardships with Paul.
Compared to one who is lover of self, lover of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malice gossip, without self control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding a form of godliness, although they have denied its power. 2Timothy 3.
Beware of the false circumcision. Kataome - false mutilation compared to Peritome- circumcision. Looks like there is more to come on this lesson.
Lots to be aware of. And a beautiful challenging passage of what to watch out for.
3 comments:
I was personally challenged by the passage in Timothy...I tend to be loving myself too much at times...and I can definetly by unforgiving-irreconsilable. Praying God will help me in those areas...
I found myself looking at that passage and checking to see if others that are in church leadership are like that list.
Then the Holy Spirit convicted me that check list is for me. To check myself and make sure I am living in a way that glorifies God and not selfishly.
BEWARE
I love that in this study it's scripture that interprets scripture, not a commentary or the study hints at the bottom of my study/application Bible. But it's when I study for myself, let God teach me.
measure myself by the Word of God, not by the culture, what is in, what is popular, but judge myself by how God will judge me.
BEWARE!!!!
Post a Comment