This lesson reinforces the rule of interpreting scripture...CONTEXT is KING. It is the most important thing to understand when we are trying to figure out what a verse means. It is easy to read a verse or a passage and not stop and soak in what that verse is really saying and what it means.
We see in Philippians 1:19 there are 2 things that able us to stand faithful. Prayer and the provision of the Holy Spirit. I need that constant reminder to stop and think in any given situation to respond in a way that allows the Spirit to shine through me. With patience, love and kindness.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great reminder for lesson 7 - on the truth of what happens to us at death. Thank you, Lord for listening to this truth and being excited and anticipating - rather than fearful and dreading.
I loved marking the gospel and listing all how it is used in Phil. 1. What stood out to me was "we are contending for the faith of the gospel, in unity and not if fear of those who oppose us".
I think I will get a little booklet to keep my lists...I have one going now for "the gospel"...
How would my life be different if I were handed a death sentence? Hmm, well it wasn't me who has it, but I was the one who had to hear it first... "it's cancer" & our lives have been changed in an instance & it's filled with more prayer, more being in focused on having God's perspective, humbled, served by God's people & BLESSED.... but it is a choice.
Post a Comment