Thursday, April 16, 2009

Philippians - Count it All Joy - lesson 2

I was so blessed by the idea that God allows difficulties in our lives in order to be a platform that we can glorify Him. We can move through the temporary circumstances and have joy.

We see in Acts 16 that Paul and Silas, even though they had been beaten and imprisoned, they were still singing and praising God. What amazing peace that comes from God that produces joy. Neat to see that God was in control of every detail, including the prison guard whose life was changed because of God's power.

This lesson had some good historical background from Acts 16 and information about Paul's missionary journeys. Most studies start out with a little historical background to help set the context of the text.

Striving to praise God no matter what my circumstances are.

3 comments:

K-Sue said...

When I heard this lesson, I could not help thinking of Pastor Josef Tson, and his testimony of imprisonment in communist Romania. I heard Pastor Tson preach in the 1990's. The wonderful paradox - the man in chains is the most free of all.

www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?Id=18713

Tim and Susan said...

I don't know if it was in this lesson or the 1st one...Kay's words totally hit me, "We can have JOY even when we aren't doing what we want to do"; so often we want circumstances to change, but God just wants our hearts to change and be full of JOY no matter...

Erlinda said...

It's a good reminder that Paul wrote this from prison. Since this is a book written to encourage JOY. I want to be singing like the early Christians facing death by Nero. I want to be singing...."Great is Thy Faithfulness"