Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Philippians - Count it All Joy - lesson 11

Keep on working out (to carry out to completion) your salvation. This is such an important key to living for in the mind of Christ. Love that reminder that we have the mind of Christ, but we don't always use it.

Great challenge just to keep our mouth shut when we feel irritated or frustrated. Allow the Spirit of God to work in ME to will and to work for God's good pleasure. I think I need this encouragement today. Thankful that God gives me the ability and the strength to respond in God's love.

I love that word picture of the hose and allowing God to flow rather than living with a kink where the water trickles out.

2 comments:

K-Sue said...

I missed this broadcast completely. Sounds like it was a good one - one I needed to hear.

Erlinda said...

Be like Christ.... counting it ALL joy, workING (presence tense... keep on) out my salvation with fear (trustING, respectING) & trembling; for it is GOD who is at work IN you, both to WILL & TO WORK for HIS good pleasure.

I can relate to Kay today because I have been plain MAD about not having MY needs met. I feel like I'm meeting everyone else needs, especially my husband who is really not responding, who is being quiet in his pain, who needs ME, but I'm feeling drained because I'm trying to do it ALL on with a kinked hose. I feel MAD that I have to put being a mommy to the side & delegate others to take care of them, so that I can concentrate taking care of Daryl. So, when I am home, I have to take the kids to their various appointments. It's others who get to take them to the park or a musical or to yogurt. I miss the times when I can just hang out with them.

I"m reacting without the mind of Christ.... I need to work out what He wants in me. This will give me joy in ALL things.

These 2 verses are essential, Salvation is Christ in me, not fighting God's control. I learned the other day, that the 4 spritual Laws picture is a bit flawed. Christ is always on the throne of my life, no matter what I believe or do. Christ is sovereign & in control. It's me who fights it & turns my back. Christ will do what He will do with my life because He is sovereign. Joy comes in acknowledging that & being in the center of His sovereignty.