Sunday, April 26, 2009

Philippians - Count it All Joy - lesson 10

Finding JOY comes from Jesus. Yet our attitude and our mind make a huge difference when it comes to living out

Being of the same mind. The same attitude. We get a description of humility of mind...regarding others as more important then yourself. Not only looking out for my interests, but also for the interests of others. Not an unhealthy relationship that is sucking the life out of someone.

This Kenosis Passage (emptying passage) really shows what a beautiful perfect example Christ was for us to follow. Such humility. Humility of mind. Becoming obedient to the point of death. Even death on the cross. Striving for the Christlike attitude.

3 comments:

Tim and Susan said...

lesson 11:
I was so convicted by God's Word and encouraged by Kay's teaching. I want the kids to listen to lesson 11 as it has lots of humours stories of arguing...what we have been dealing with lately with our brood of boys.

I put the 2 commands in Phil. 2 on a piece of paper on the fridge to remind us (I like highlighting those commands in red!! in my Bible) "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit" "Do everything without complaining or arguing"...great reminders for me and my household.

What were everyones Chapter titles? Mine were Ch.1 "Rejoicing in the Gospel", Ch.2 "Rejoicing to be like Jesus"

Great reminder from Kay that Christ is IN us to work our our salvation. I don't want to kink (sp?) the hose of all His power flowing through me.

K-Sue said...

Susan, what a great idea - for myself, the one most likely to complain in our household.

Erlinda said...

The mind decides who you are... KENOSIS, when someone looks at me what kind of attitude do they see? I want them to see "wow" that person cared more about what happened to others, coming alongside & not having my interest, but of others lives... striving for the mind of Christ