Thursday, January 8, 2009

Isaiah (part 1) - lesson 64

This lesson is finishing up chapter 34 of Isaiah. This chapter is dealing with the judgment of Edom (present day Jordon).

Just a quick side note, I never noticed that the image that Precepts uses for the logo is a plum line. That is what we are to judge our life against. God's word should be what all of the rest of our life is adjusted from. Thought that was interesting.

The question is why would God judge Edom so strongly? We were brought back to Jacob and Esau (of Edom). Of Esau selling his birthright for the stew. As we see in Hebrews 12 Esau was referred to as godless and immoral. I was glad that this lesson was tied back into this passage in Gen. 25. It helps with understanding why God is judging Edom so strongly.

2 comments:

Tim and Susan said...

I thought it was great too to be reminded of Esau. He wanted immediate gratification, so made an unwise choice. He was sorry, but not repentant. I pray for myself (and as I teach our kids) to have a truly repentant heart when I do what's wrong, not just sorry for the bad consequences.

Karen said...

I wish I could have done this study with you.... What a great book of the Bible! If you do another I will join with you! Hope all is well!