The Lord is the stability of my times. Though my thoughts don't tend to live in fear of terror (terrorists), I can still find comfort and stability in God ALONE during the shakiness of my times. Just from the first few verse in Isaiah 33 reminds me that God is my stability, salvation and wisdom and knowledge come from Him. He is the one that keeps me "grounded" when my life feels turned upside down. The fear (respect and awe) of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Walking in perfect peace because I am walking in Christ.
Getting to know God's Word is how we build the fear of the Lord in our life. Spending time everyday in the Word. Pouring those truths over yourself. Clinging to the truths. Only telling yourself the truth. Knowing and studying the Word daily is so important to find that stability in my difficult times. Only by knowing God can I rest in Him.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"O Lord, be gracious to us; we have waited for You. Be our strength every morning, Our Salvation also in the time of distress."
AMEN!
Post a Comment