This servant is described as despised, rejected, experienced grief often, a tender shoot. God so often does things so differently than what we would expect. A child rather than a warrior. The one who knew no sin and the one who became sin for us. And He did this that we might become righteous.
We think that Jesus is:
- He is a nobody (52:2)
- He is despised and rejected by man (53:3)
- We esteemed Him as being punished by God (53:4)
God's ways are not our ways. His thoughts are not our thoughts. I am so glad that God is trustworthy. Resting in our almighty God.
1 comment:
Hey sister, Just want to encourage you to keep studying. I am part way through Kay's "The Glory of God" Bible study, it is just a 15 part series and I am on 6. Kay mentioned something about writing a Bible study on Jeremiah...wonder if that is what is next or maybe something else after the Glory one. Love you and keep at it!! I am tempted to buy the next book so it is nice and neat done for me rather than print it...we had kind of a mess up with our printer and it messed up oru computer and printed like 4 copies....ugh.
Post a Comment